Today is a birthday of the Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, regarded as not only ‘one of the greatest batsmen‘ of all time but also for real cricket lover the ‘God of Cricket‘. He is the highest run scorer of all time in International cricket.
He is the only player to have scored one hundred international centuries, the first batsman to score a double century in a ODI, the holder of the record for the most number of runs in both Test and ODI, and the only player to complete more than 30,000 runs in international cricket.
In 2002, halfway through his career, Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack ranked him the second greatest Test batsman of all time, behind Don Bradman, and the second greatest ODI batsman of all time, behind Viv Richards. on the occasion of his birthday here is a compilation of some interesting facts about the Little Master.
Top 10 Facts of Sachin Tendulkar
1. As an aspiring fast bowler, a young Sachin Tendulkar was rejected by Dennis Lillee’s MRF Pace Foundation in 1987.
2. During the 1987 World Cup, Sachin was a ball boy for the match between India and Zimbabwe at the Wankhede Stadium. He was 14 then.
3. In October 1995, Sachin became the richest cricketer when he signed a five-year contract worth Rs 31.5 crore with World Tel.
4. Sachin Tendulkar used to sleep with his cricket gear during his junior days.
5. Tendulkar’s first car was a Maruti-800.
6. In his debut Test match, English fast bowler Alan Mullally complained that Sachin Tendulkar was batting with a bat broader than the normal willow.
7. Sachin Tendulkar started off with centuries in his debut matches in the Ranji, Duleep and Irani Trophy.
8. Sachin Tendulkar uses a very heavy bat at the crease, weighing 3.2lbs. Only South Africa`s Lance Klusener used a heavier bat in world cricket.
9. Sachin Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by the Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.